Code of Conduct
Updated August 14, 2023
Irvine Company Retail Properties' shopping centers (the "Center") consists of shopping, parking and other common areas. The Center is a privately owned property where the public is invited to enjoy its pleasant, safe, family-oriented environment during the advertised hours of operation for purposes of shopping, dining, entertainment and enjoying our other retail-related amenities. In order to maintain this environment, we request that all of our customers and guests refrain from engaging in any of the following activities:
- Running, horseplay, throwing of any objects, or other disorderly, disruptive or unsafe conduct of any type.
- Fighting, challenging to fight, using physical force or violence, or provoking or intimidating (or attempting to provoke or intimidate) others with threats of physical force or violence.
- Defacing, damaging, or destroying any real or personal property comprising or located within the Center, including, but not limited to, buildings, common area improvements and landscaping.
- Using, creating or expressing loud, vulgar, threatening or obscene language or gestures. Playing loud music or making loud noises and/or flashes by use of firecrackers or other devices is also not permitted.
- Soliciting money or other contributions or donations, or distributing commercial or promotional materials of any kind, or offering samples or items which are to be sold available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution, except with the prior written permission of Center management, or where the solicitation of donations is governed by the Center’s rules pertaining to non-commercial expressive activity.
- Failing to wear shoes, shirt or top, or wearing clothing that is obscene or offensive in nature or that is likely to cause a disturbance.
- Performing any act defined by Federal, State or local statute or ordinance as constituting an illegal act or which could jeopardize or threaten the safety of, or result in harm to, persons or property.
- Unnecessarily blocking or restricting free passage (whether alone or in a group) to store entrances, storefronts, walkways, roadways, or parking areas, or pedestrian traffic. So-called “flash mobs” are expressly prohibited on Center property.
- Operating drones or other radio-controlled devices, recreational or personal transportation devices such as bicycles, skateboards, segways, skates, roller shoes, rollerblades, hover-boards and scooters anywhere within the Center.
- Creating litter or throwing, discarding or depositing any paper, glass or other material of any kind anywhere other than in appropriate trash receptacles.
- Taking photos, videos or audio tapes of any Center property or storefronts without prior written permission of Center management.
- Possessing, wearing or carrying any firearms or weapons (or simulated weapons) of any kind anywhere in the Center.
- Smoking or vaping anywhere in the Center.
- Possessing, using or being under the influence of marijuana, alcohol or any illegal or non-prescribed drug.
- All children under 18 years of age must leave the Center property prior to 11:00 PM, unless a parent or guardian is present.
- Parking in restricted areas.
- Wearing masks or using any other means for the purpose of hiding one’s identity. Face coverings for medical purposes are allowed.
- Bringing unleashed and/or aggressive animals onto Center property, failing to remove animal excrement, leaving animals unattended, tying them to Center amenities, or conducting any business on Center property that involves walking, training or selling animals.
- Being present at the Center for an unreasonably excessive period of time, without transacting business.
- Using Center amenities and facilities improperly or for other than their intended purposes. Examples include, without limitation, swimming in fountains, bathing in restrooms, standing on benches, or sitting on floors, planted areas, handrails, stairs, or trash receptacles.
- Leaving large personal possessions on Center property, unattended
- Entering or remaining on Center property before or after advertised Center hours of operation. With regard to businesses that are permitted to be open after Center hours, the Center shall be considered closed at the time that is thirty minutes after such business(es) have closed.
- Engaging in any use of the Center that is inconsistent with the Center’s essential nature and function as a shopping center, including without limitation: sleeping on Center property, erecting tents, or starting barbecues or open fires.
- Carrying or transporting large personal items or belongings onto shopping areas within the Center that are not used (nor intended to be used) by the guest to conduct business transactions within the Center.
Violators who do not comply with these rules may be asked to leave or be banned from the Center for a period of time, and a violation of any such ban may result in arrest and prosecution for criminal trespass.
Thank you for helping maintain the Center’s family-oriented shopping, dining and entertainment experience. If you have any questions regarding these rules of conduct, please call the Center's management office at (949) 721-3100.