Code of Conduct
Updated March 9, 2020
Irvine Company Retail Properties' shopping centers (the "Center") consists of shopping, parking and other common areas. The Centers are privately owned properties where the public is invited to enjoy the pleasant, safe, family-oriented environment for purposes of shopping, dining, attending theaters or movies, and enjoying our other retail-related amenities. In order to maintain this environment, we request that all of our customers and guests refrain from engaging in any of the following activities:
- Running, horseplay, throwing of any objects, or other disorderly or disruptive conduct of any type.
- Fighting, challenging to fight, using physical force or violence, or provoking or intimidating (or attempting to provoke or intimidate) others with threats of physical force or violence.
- Defacing, damaging, or destroying any real or personal property comprising or located within the Center, including buildings, common area improvements, and landscaping.
- Using, creating or expressing loud, vulgar, threatening or obscene language, music or gestures. Making loud noises and/or flashes by use of firecrackers or other devices is also not permitted.
- Soliciting money or other contributions or donations, or distributing commercial or promotional materials of any kind, or offering samples or items which are to be sold available for sale, or available in exchange for a donation or contribution, except with the prior permission of Center management, or where the solicitation of donations is governed by the Center’s rules pertaining to non-commercial expressive activity.
- Failing to wear shoes, shirt or top, or wearing clothing that is obscene or offensive in nature or that is likely to cause a disturbance.
- Doing any act which could jeopardize or threaten the safety of, or result in harm to, persons or property.
- Unnecessarily blocking or restricting free passage (whether alone or in a group) to store entrances, storefronts, walkways, roadways, or parking areas, or of pedestrian traffic. So called “flash mobs” are expressly prohibited on Center property.
- Doing any act defined by Federal, State or Local Statute or ordinance as constituting an illegal act.
- Using operating drones or other radio-controlled devices, as well as recreational or personal transportation devices such as bicycles, skateboards, segways, skates, roller shoes, rollerblades, hover-boards and scooters anywhere within the Center.
- Creating litter or throwing, discarding or depositing any paper, glass or other material of any kind anywhere other than in appropriate trash receptacles.
- Taking photos, videos or audio tapes of any Center property or storefronts without prior written permission of Center management.
- Possessing, wearing or carrying any firearms or weapons (or simulated weapons) of any kind anywhere in the Center.
- Smoking or vaping anywhere in the Center.
- Possessing, using or being under the influence of marijuana, alcohol and any illegal or non-prescribed drug.
- For all minors who are under 18 years of age, violating curfew of 11:00 PM unless a parent or guardian is present.
- Parking in restricted areas.
- Wearing masks or using any other means for the purpose of hiding one’s identity. Face coverings for medical purposes are allowed.
- Bringing unleashed and/or aggressive animals to the Center.
- Being present at the Center for an unreasonably excessive period of time, with no intent to transact business at the Center.
- Using Center amenities and facilities improperly or for other than their intended purposes. Examples include, without limitation, bathing in fountains or restrooms, standing on benches, or sitting on floors, planting areas, handrails, stairs, or trash receptacles.
- Leaving large personal possessions on Center property, unattended.
- Entering or remaining on Center property when the Center is closed. For these purposes, the Center shall be considered closed at the time that is thirty minutes after all stores have closed.
- Engaging in any use of the Center that is inconsistent with the Center’s essential nature and function as a shopping center, including without limitation: sleeping on Center property, erecting tents, or starting barbeques or open fires.
- Carrying or transporting large personal items or belongings onto shopping areas within the Center which are not used (nor intended to be used) by the guest to conduct business transactions within the Center.
Violators who do not comply with these rules may be asked to leave or be banned from the Center for a period of time, and a violation of any such ban may result in arrest and prosecution for criminal trespass.
Thank you for helping maintain the Center’s family-oriented shopping, dining and entertainment experience. If you have any questions regarding these rules of conduct, please call the Centers' management office at (949) 720-3100.